Sunday 5 August 2012

Olympic Fever

It's been over a month now since I last blogged thanks to being very busy with work leading up to and during the Olympic Games. All that hype about London being gridlocked and overcrowded just hasn't eventuated and my journey to work at the studios just overlooking the Olympic park has been a very pleasant experience indeed! 

Being right there at Westfield Shopping Centre has been great too! I have visited my favourite budget make up store Kiko Milano a number of times already and always seem to come out with something! I used to buy it every time I visited Italy and now it is available in the UK and the prices are pretty much the same. I love the eye shadow and nail varnish colours! I can't tell you how many people I have turned on to this brand lately... including all the ladies visiting from the USA who work for a certain TV channel and share our make up room at our studios overlooking the Olympic Park!

I now have a couple of days R&R then I am back there again next week. It will be weird once it's all over. In between I'm still squeezing in work trips around the country on another show .. all good stuff though. Keeps me busy and in the traveling mode!

My next non-work related trip will be in a couple of weeks when I will be going back to Milan Italy for my annual girls shopping weekend and I'm so looking forward to the break! The weather is always hot and we go to check out the new winter collections (and of course buy a few things) sip cocktails and prosecco, eat wonderful Italian food in the evenings and catch up on all the goss!! 

The week after that it's back to work for a stint in New York for the US Open Tennis before resuming my normal schedule in London again. Hopefully the weather will be good for us and will be hurricane free this year. And of course, we hope that Andy Murray will finally win the title and give us a reason to go back next year!!

No comments: