Saturday 28 December 2013

A new year is dawning ...

With only 3 days left till the end of 2013 I just wanted to express what a fab year it's been again! I think it's so important to get away from the daily grind even if it's only for a long weekend. You know what they say (whoever they are) all work and no play ... Work is important to me of course, as I love it but I don't ever want to be dull! It lifts my spirit to look forward and plan the next trip ... working makes it possible.

As well as revisiting old haunts there have been some new additions to the list of locations I've been and I have loved all of them! There are still many more in my sites and it's always a challenge deciding where to go next. However, I do know where I'm going next and that will be Barbados again at the end of March. I like to top and tail the winter with a week of sunshine and it means taking a long haul flight somewhere. Barbados never fails to deliver and I can't wait .. but I may just squeeze in a quick little long weekend trip somewhere before that to visit friends ... somewhere the flip flops won't be needed (except perhaps by an indoor pool) so I will keep you posted!

Thanks once again for reading and sharing my travels with me .. it's lovely to get all your positive feedback and hopefully give you some inspiration to go somewhere you've always wanted to visit.

Have a very Happy New Year and a fabulous, healthy and prosperous 2014!


عام سعيدΚαλή Χρονιά ~ felice anno nuovo ~ feliz año nuevo
(Happy New Year in the languages of the countries I visited this year)

 * * *
  

No comments: